Get help with funeral costs (Funeral Expenses Payment)
You can get a Funeral Expenses Payment if all of the following apply:
- you get certain benefits or tax credits
- you meet the rules on your relationship with the deceased
- you’re arranging a funeral in the UK, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
If you’re getting divorced
Changes were made to the divorce laws in April 2022, and The Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Act 2020 aims to reduce the potential for conflict amongst divorcing couples by:
- removing the ability to make allegations about the conduct of a spouse
- allowing couples to end their marriage jointly
The Act also introduces a minimum period of 20 weeks between the start of proceedings and the application for Conditional Order. This provides couples with a meaningful period of reflection and the chance to reconsider.
Please note BudgetSmart has been created to provide you with information but it’s important to always do your own research too. Whilst BudgetSmart contains links to third party websites we think you might find useful, PayPlan is not responsible for any external content or any actions you take when accessing these links/websites